Monday, August 2, 2010

Hola Amigos

So my name is Brian Healey, and I'm coming up on my junior year at St. Mike's. I'm from Ware, Massachusetts (Where?) which is a smaller-ish town in Western Mass., just a short drive away from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. My whole family went there, along with nearly all of my best friends from high school. But it was love at first sight when I encountered St. Mike's, and I knew that Vt. was the place to spend my undergrad years. But for now, I'm preparing to take the first half of my junior year in Barcelona, Spain. Spain is a location I've always wanted to visit, and I love Spanish language and culture, and I think it'd be fair to say I'm getting pretty excited to start my journey.
But I'd also like to tell you a little bit more about my St. Michael's experience. There's a lot of aspects about St. Mike's that I love. I've had the opportunity to get quite involved, and meet some of the most fantastic, influential people in my life. I mentor a great little guy named Nate as a part of the Little Brother/Little Sister Program through the M.O.V.E. Office, and I also help coordinate the program with a great bunch of other motivated, generous people. You can read about one of my fellow LBLS Coordinator's own study abroad experience here in Mike Jablonski's New Zealand blog.
I've also had the chance to play a little tennis for St. Mike's as a member of the Men's Tennis Team. I've been playing for a lot of years, and played for my high school, and so continuing my athletic career seemed like the right choice for me. I love tennis and opportunity to be a part of a team, even thought he travel can get crazy and stressful. And whether or not I continue to play tennis after my time abroad, the experience is one I am very grateful for.
So for now, I'll said adios, and will let you know more about how the preparations for Spain are going. Hopefully my Visa comes though.
No Spain, no gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment